Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Fracking E-Card Final

This E-card was designed to promote the dangers involved in fracking. For this design I followed the 400x300 size parameter which i found very tricky and difficult to have a smooth image once the image was enlarged. The front cover I used a simple background of a drilling platform with multi color letters spelling out the frustration involved with this practice. The middle part shows an ordinary kitchen sink with a glass of water on fire from the chemicals pumped into the ground. With multi colored facts about the dangers of fracking. The back portion has a simple message that we must stop fracking to protect our clean water supplies. I used Adobe Illustrator to trace the image on the back page then used the vector tool to design the banned symbol. To achieve the lettering for this project I used outerglow, outer shadow, I also add 40% noise to the background to give the overall photo more depth.To separate the three portions I used the lock grid to achieve equal spacing. Overall, this was a fun project but the small dimensions of the project became a major hurddle I have struggled with.

No comments:

Post a Comment